Aims and Objectives
- To offer all the children a secure environment , coupled with a stimulating atmosphere where learning takes place through structured activities.
- To maintain close links with parents, encouraging parental involvement with the group.
- To be constantly aware of, and sensitive to, any particular physical, educational or cultural needs to children may have.
- To ensure all children are given equal opportunities.
- To teach through play, the values of kindness, consideration, tolerance and co-operation and to be aware of the needs of others by sharing.
- To develop the children’s co-ordination and manipulative skills by providing a range of activities both indoors and outdoors.
- To assist the children, through various activities, to communicate clearly and confidently with the other children and adults.
- To provide at all times an environment, which encourages the children to experiment, investigate, question and cope with mistakes and to have fun in safety.
Our aim at Thornton Hough Pre-School/Playgroup is that by working in partnership with parents and carers, we are committed to developing high quality, accessible childcare, provided in a warm, caring and safe environment. Every child should have the opportunity to reach their full potential through creative play activities, ensuring each individual’s time in the group is happy and productive.
Thornton Hough Pre-School/Playgroup realise that safeguarding children is so important and we feel that children have the right to be completely secure from both the fear and reality of abuse and neglect. We are committed to protecting all the children in our care.
Thornton Hough Pre-School/Playgroup is open term time Monday to Friday, from 9.00am to 12.00pm; Lunch Club is optional and offered daily until 1pm. We offer care and education for children from 2 years until school age up to a maximum of 20 hours per week term time.
The Local Offer sets out what is available for your child in your area if they have special educational needs and or a disability. Click here to find out more information.